Monday, September 12, 2011

Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach

A French version of risotto? Yes, you heard me right.
Italian's aren't the only one on the block cookin' this up.
This dish was incredibly rich... probably because I almost doubled the amount of cheese used and there was heavy cream on the ingredient list, but that is okay! There is a good amount of spinach in this dish, so I almost felt like I was eating something healthy... for about a second. The name of this recipe describes the dish oh so well, but nothing is exaggerated. It is not too much of anything. It has just the right amount of creaminess, cheesiness and garlic-i-ness? Is that even a word?
 I have to admit, I did not follow Dorie's recipe method exactly. I couldn't bear the thought of cooking away my beautiful Arborio rice in a pot without my gentle touch. So, I cooked it the way I learned to cook risotto. I couldn't tell you if that changed the way the recipe was supposed to taste or not, but I have no complaints! It would take a lot less time to cook this dish if I had followed her instructions though. If you want the full recipe, buy Dorie's amazing book or email me directly.

To see how other bloggers fared with this “risotto”, check out French Fridays with Dorie.
Tutti Mangia!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rice looks beautifully creamy! I put a little extra cheese in mine, too - couldn't help myself...

Alli Shircliff said...

Wow this looks so warm and welcoming. You can never have too much cheese!

SamCyn said...

This sounds divine! By the way, welcome to the Gutsy Cooks Club, it's going to be a lot of fun to see how we all dish out the recipes.

Anonymous said...

So tough to ignore the inner Italian isn't it? I can't look at a recipe for Arborio rice and not want to make it like traditional risotto. Yours looks like it turned out great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...