Monday, August 16, 2010

BBQ Chicken Dinner

One of the things I love most about summer, besides the AWESOME weather, is grilling outside! Ever since Shaun and I bought our house a few months ago, we have spent as many nights as possible using our new grill. The one problem we have is that we don't typically eat dinner during the week until 8pm because of our work schedules. I'm sure that many of you can sympathize with us. For that reason alone, I try to take shortcuts and use some pre-made ingredients to make life easier. I also love trying new items that I see on the shelves in supermarkets - such as this new BBQ sauce from Bull's-Eye. That is what we used to marinate chicken in the night before and boy was it delicious. Highly recommended - tangy, sweet and spicy all at the same time!



Now, while Shaun is manning the grill outside, I need something to do with my time... chicken thighs typically take at least a half hour to cook on the grill so I thought up a few recipes to make in the kitchen in the meantime... I cooked up some rice, corn muffins and a Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Balsamic Glaze. The glaze was extremely hard to make...



Yeah right! The balsamic glaze requires only one ingredient - balsamic vinegar! The thing you do need is time - you put the vinegar in a saucepan and let it boil and simmer away for about 15-20 minutes until it gets very thick. Then you need to let it cool because after all, you do want a cold salad right? Nothing says summer like fresh vegetables from the farmer's market! Here is a shot of Shaun and I's version of a BBQ chicken meal - how does it look?


Tutti Mangia!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wow boy! My mouth is watering over that picture of the chicken on the grill. Also, that tomatoe and cucumber salad with the balasmic looks amazing!!!

Maria said...

Damn...that chicken looks delicious! I love the look of the dish also...very enticing!

My mother, who used to be the cook in our Italian restaurant, would always say, "yeah, the food must be delicious but the experience is in the presentation!"

Of course, she would usually say this to ME when I was putting a holiday meal together and all I could concentrate on was getting everything to the table hot and at the same time!!

BTW...you taught me something with this receipe, I never thought to boil down the Balsamic! Thanks! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...