Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Farmer's Market

One of the many things I love about summer is going to the farmer's market in Haymarket (here in Boston). I also love all the delicious food that comes from that shopping trip. There are nothing like main-dish summer salads, fresh or grilled vegetables to go along with dinner, etc. Going to this particular farmer's market is no easy feat, that's for sure! There are huge crowds of people everywhere and multiple vendors yelling prices out at you but those prices are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. It takes a fine eye, like my own, to pick out the good fruit and vegetables but they are there waiting for me! Last weekend, like many, Shaun and I went to the farmers market with $20 cash between us and this is what we got:


6 peaches
2 avocados
4 sweet potatoes
2 baby eggplant
2 pints cherry tomatoes
2 red peppers
2 orange peppers
6 green sweet peppers
2 pints blueberries
Bunch white asparagus
3.5lb bag clementines
2 lbs strawberries
2 cucumbers
Green onions

Is that unbelievable or what?? More recipes to come with what I decided to make with our $20 purchase...

Just for a few laughs, I wanted to share our lunch with you - SUBWAY, Eat Fresh! It was the quickest healthiest option near the house... after seeing all those veggies at the farmer's market, we were famished! I got a BMT with the works (my favorite) and Shaun got a turkey on wheat (so plain) HAHA!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...