Friday, January 28, 2011

Roasted Carrots with Honey

I have to admit, I felt bad posting that last blog since it was such a difficult recipe. So I have decided to follow that one up with an extremely easy recipe! Easy but still delicious - don't you worry! I make this recipe at least once every two weeks because it is inexpensive and a great side dish to a weeknight dinner.

The recipe I first duplicated was from Martha Stewart's magazine - EveryDay Food. A great magazine to find new ideas for fast flavorful cooking!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs carrots, cut on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths and halved lengthwise if thick
1 tbsp olive oil
Course salt and ground pepper
1 tbsp honey (I used more!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, and toss with honey. The reason you toss the carrots with honey after they bake is so that the honey does not burn in the hot oven.

See I told you that was easy! Tutti Mangia!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...