Monday, August 29, 2011

Lemon Herb Chicken (Secret Recipe Club)

 
This month's Secret Recipe Club assignment was to make a recipe from Concetta's Cafe. Concetta makes so many great desserts and takes beautiful pictures of them all! Don't even ask me how I was able to constrain myself from making one...

The recipe I DID choose turned out to be a wonderful meal. The Lemon Herb Chicken was incredibly juicy and so flavorful. It is easy enough to make on a weeknight but elegant enough to present to guests at a dinner party. The lemon flavor came through nicely and the garlic and herbs were a perfect complement.

Ingredients:
6 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil 
2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped,  plus more for garnish
1 lemon, sliced

Directions:
Season chicken cutlets with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining ingredients, except for the 1 sliced lemon. Let chicken marinate in fridge for 4-24 hours. Grill chicken on medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Place on a platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon slices.

I served this chicken for dinner with pasta and pesto sauce. I am allergic to pine nuts so I omit those from my pesto, but just add more Parmesan cheese instead. Cheese makes everything better! If you want my pesto recipe, e-mail me on the side!
 Tutti Mangia!



9 comments:

Corina said...

This chicken looks really lovely and flavourful. I bet it goes well with the pesto.

Concetta said...

Thank you so much for your lovely post about my blog! I am so happy an Italian girl visited Concetta's Cafe!

I am following your wonderful blog now! Have a great day and stop by again soon!

<><
Concetta

Andrea Kruse said...

Yum! The recipe looks great. We usually add walnuts to our pesto since pine nuts can get so expensive.

Did you grab the wrong Linky? It isn't the group C recipe list. :)

Evelyne CulturEatz said...

Nice to meet you Jamie and glad you like my choice!


I love the chicken revcpe you chose, looks so tender and love the tiny pasta!

Plain Chicken said...

I made something very similar last week for dinner and it was fabulous! Your chicken looks great!

wendyweekendgourmet said...

Yum...this chicken looks simple and delish! Just the type of dish I love to make after a busy day at work. Love SRC and getting to know other bloggers...great job!!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Stopping by from Secret Recipe Club: Group B
http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/raspberry-nutella-pizza-secret-recipe.html

Susan at www.ugogrrl.com said...

This looks great. I think I will have to try - know my family would be pleased. So nice meeting you thru SRC!

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

My kids would go crazy for this lemon herb chicken. Great recipe :)
Stopping by from SRC Group C. Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Here is my post for September :) http://su.pr/1Sizv9
I would love if you added this and any other links to my "Happy Post" today. http://su.pr/1bZ8fp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...